Today has literally been one of the best Sunday’s that I’ve had in ages. The Christmas tree is up, we’ve watched Love Actually, Finding Dory and Home Alone whilst drinking mulled wine and we had the most epic of buffets.
Not going to lie, I love a buffet. They’re one of my favourite meal types. Since going gluten-free, buffets have become somewhat of a mine-field. Lots of stuff covered in batter, deep-fried treats and sandwiches. So, since then I’ve become quite good at doing GF buffets that myself and the boy can demolish.
Whilst out on a walk earlier, we did a quick stop into the M&S Foodhall in Fulham Broadway and to my absolute surprise, the amount of GF options was amazing. This isn’t a sponsored post with M&S Food, but let’s put it this way, I have a ridiculous amount of love for them at the moment. Going there and to Sainsbury’s meant that we had the ultimate feast for enjoyment by those who could eat gluten and couldn’t. Everything listed below is gluten-free and super tasty. And to add to it, it’s currently 3 for 2 on party food in M&S. And on a boring note, everything cooks at 180 degrees in a fan oven, something else to make it simple.
- Hog Roast on Mini Crackling Plates (M&S)
- Pigs in Blankets (Sainsbury’s)
- Sticky Asian Style Chicken Lollipops (M&S)
- BBQ Pork Belly Squares (M&S)
- Buffalo Horns (M&S)
- Bacon and Cheese Rolls (M&S)
- Mini Toad in the Hole (M&S)
- Cheese Bites (M&S)
- Tyrrells Furrows Sea Salted Crisps (Sainsbury’s)
- Classic Dip Selection (Sainsbury’s)
- Trio of Olives (Sainsbury’s)
- Marinated Anchovies (Sainsbury’s)
- Cooked Gammon Shank (Sainsbury’s)
Nope, none of the above is healthy. But if you can’t indulge and have some bad (tasty) food at Christmas, when can you?! If you don’t have access to an M&S, here are some other buffet ideas which you can make quite easily using GF ingredients:
- Tomato, red onion and garlic bruschetta
- Garlic mushrooms on bruschetta
- Mozzarella, tomato and pesto stacks
- Yorkshire puddings with horseradish and beef
- Cracker bread with cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumber
- Padron peppers with Maldon Sea Salt
- Mozzarella pearls wrapped in Parma Ham
What are your Christmas buffet go-to’s?
Thanks for reading!