Like a lot of people, we’re trying to eat more vegetarian meals and cut back our meat consumption. I used to eat stuffed peppers quite a lot when I was at uni – they’re a really good quick and easy dinner option.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 pack of cauliflower rice (I was lazy again and got the one from Sainsburys)
- 1/4 pack of feta cheese
- Handful of black olives (sliced in half)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- Salad to have on the side
- Salt and pepper to season
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan).
- In the meantime, prep the peppers and the filling. Cut the stalk off of the peppers and cut them in half longways. Place onto a baking tray, flat side down and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Once heated, put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the peppers are cooking, heat up the cauliflower rice in the microwave. Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and slice up the feta – cut some thin strips for putting on top and chop the rest of the feta into chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cauliflower rice, the chunks of feta, sundried tomatoes and olives. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Once the peppers have been in the oven for 10 minutes, fill them with the cauliflower rice mixture. Place the thinly sliced feta on top.
- Put them back in the oven for 10 minutes, to allow the feta to cook.
- Make up a side salad of your choice, and then plate up with the stuffed peppers once cooked.