This dinner is packed with veggies and so you can totally justify adding in some halloumi to make it a slightly less healthy dinner! For such an easy meal, this has loads of flavour! This isn’t the best photo, but the ingredients do mean that there’s not a lot of colour.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 x pack of cauliflower rice (I cheated and bought this, but you can easily make your own)
- 1/2 a slab of halloumi, cut into slices
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 x red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 large courgette, sliced
- Handful of sliced black olives
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red chilli, sliced
- Chilli oil for cooking
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over a medium heat, heat the chilli oil. Once hot, add the garlic and chilli and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the courgette and pepper and stir all together. Leave to cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly to stop it from sticking (turn down the heat slightly if needed).
- After 10 minutes, add in the spinach and black olives, and stir again. Turn down the heat slightly and allow it to cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring regularly until the spinach wilts.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a small amount of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the sliced halloumi to the pan.
- After about 3 minutes, turn the halloumi over.
- Cook the cauliflower rice, in line with the instructions on the pack, but it should take about 3 minutes.
- Continue to cook the halloumi until it’s starting to brown on both sides.
- Once cooked, add the cauliflower rice to the chilli and garlic vegetable mixture. Stir well.
- Plate up – place the cauliflower rice and vegetable mixture on a plate and top with the halloumi.