Nachos. Probably one of the best comfort foods. They’re the perfect food to accompany a film/box set binge and you can make them as extra or as plain as you want. These Loaded Vegetarian Chilli Nachos are the ideal Netflix accompaniment. They’re gluten-free, vegetarian and would even be vegan friendly if you used vegan cheese.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g Mushroom Mince (I was lazy and bought mine from Sainsbury’s but you can make it using a food processor)
- 1 x carton of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 x Garlic Clove (chopped)
- 1 x small can of Kidney Beans in Water (drained)
- 1 x Vegetable Stock Pot
- Jalapenos (as many as you want)
- Grated Cheddar (as much as you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Smokey Paprika
- 1/2 Chilli Powder
- 1 x pack of Salted Nachos
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn on the oven to heat it up to 180 degrees (fan assisted).
- In the meantime, get started on the chilli. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Once warm, add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until softened. Once soft, add in the mushroom mince and stir all together.
- Whilst the mushrooms are frying, add in the stock pot and stir in until completely dissolved.
- After about another 5 minutes, add in the drained kidney beans and the paprika(s) and chilli powder and stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and leave to simmer over a medium heat for another 10-15 minutes until it’s thickened up a bit.
- Get a large oven proof dish and the nachos. Line the sides with the nachos (as many as you’d like). Once cooked, add the chilli into the gap left in the middle.
- Now it’s the good bit, add as much cheese and as many jalapenos as you’d like.
- Pop it into the heated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven, stick on Netflix and eat!