I whipped this lil’ beauty up for dinner the other night when the boy was out, and I think it could be a new fave. The boy can’t eat shellfish, so whenever he’s out, I love to use prawns in my food as I can’t when he’s around. This meal is super easy and quick to make. It’s low carb and full of veggies, so good for you too.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Half a cauliflower
- Large King Prawns (cooked)
- 1 x small courgette
- 2 x spring onions
- 1 x garlic clove
- Red chilli (as much as you fancy)
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce (I use a gluten-free one)
- Chop up your chilli and spring onions into small pieces and put the to the side, and chop up the courgette and put on the side too. Take the leaves off of your cauliflower and chop off the florets, place into a blender.
- Heat some sesame oil in a pan and put in the chopped chilli, spring onion and crush in the garlic.
- Be sure to keep an eye on it to make sure that the garlic doesn’t burn. Whilst this is cooking, blend the cauliflower florets, until they are the size of rice.
- Add the courgette and prawns in to the frying pan with the chilli, garlic and spring onions. Keep on stirring until the courgette has softened.
- Add in the soy sauce to taste and stir, ensuring that everything is covered.
- Finally, add in the cauliflower and stir around. I try and spread the cauliflower around in the pan as much as possible, to allow it to heat through quickly. Add in more soy sauce if you would like, and serve.
This is the perfect dinner if you’re in a rush, or if you’re trying not to go too carb heavy.