I hadn’t thought of steaming haddock in the oven until recently, but now I’m a massive convert…and am also questioning why I didn’t start doing it earlier. The fish just takes so much better – it has more flavour and is much more moist (I hate that word, but it’s true)! This is a really easy, healthy, low carb dinner.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x haddock fillets
- 1 x pack of puy lentils
- 1 x red pepper (chopped)
- 1 x yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 x small courgette (chopped)
- Large handful of spinach
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 x garlic clove
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1 tsp Chilli oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees (fan).
- Get a large baking tray and 2 pieces of baking parchment. Place a piece of haddock in the middle of each of the pieces of parchment. Squeeze the lemon over both and season with salt and pepper. Fold to form a parcel. Once the oven is heated, put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat the chilli oil in a frying pan and gently fry the chilli and garlic.
- After a couple of minutes, add the courgette and pepper and stir it all together so that the pepper and courgettes get coated in the chilli and garlic.
- Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in the lentils. Stir well.
- Leave the lentils, pepper and courgette to heat through (make sure you stir a few times to stop the lentils from sticking).
- Once hot, the fish should be cooked too, so remove this from the oven and plate up.