I’m not going to lie, I went a bit overboard on Friday and so was in need of some fried, hangover goodness on Saturday morning! Rather than going for the traditional fry-up, I went for a fried veg, meat and egg medley, and boy did it do the trick!
- 2 eggs
- Large handful of spinach
- 1 pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 3 slices of ham
- 4 slices of chorizo
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop your pepper and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil. Throw in the pepper and mushrooms. Tear up and add in the ham and chorizo. Make sure you keep stirring so it doesn’t stick.
- In a frying pan, heat some more coconut oil. Crack in the two eggs. Leave on a low heat to fry gently.
- Into the saucepan with the veg and meat, add the spinach. Now is also the time to add the paprika, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add seasoning to the eggs also. I like my eggs sunny side up, with a runny yolk, but cook them how you like them.
- Keep an eye on the veg and meat and let it cook until the spinach is wilted and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Put the veg and meat on a plate and the fried eggs on top.
I’ve always been told that healthy food is the way to go on a hangover and I think that this is the perfect balance between hungover cravings and clean eating. Plenty of veg, protein and yolk porn!!
Hangovers don’t have to be all bad…!