This Chorizo Hash is the perfect brunch for a day where you’re wanting to have something super tasty but easy. I’ve cheated a bit here by buying pre-prepared potatoes but if you wanted to you could make your own. The carbs and veg are the perfect combo for beating any hangover you may have, and it looks like you’ve made a bit of an effort. Absolute win!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 x pack of Parmentier potatoes
- 2 x eggs
- Chorizo sausage (as much as you fancy!)
- 1/2 a red chilli
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 x red pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive oil
- Heat up the oven and cook the Parmentier potatoes according to the instructions on the packaging.
- When the potatoes have about 20 minutes left to cook, heat a pan on a medium heat and fry the chorizo, pepper and chilli. As the chorizo releases quite a lot of oil, you don’t need to add any to the pan. Keep cooking until the pepper is soft and leave on a low heat.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, put them in the pan with the chorizo, pepper and chilli and stir to combine. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil on a medium heat and crack in the 2 eggs. Season with some salt and pepper and fry until cooked.
- While the eggs are frying, mix the spinach in with the chorizo and potato and stir in so that it wilts.
- Once the eggs are cooked, it’s time to plate up. Put the hash in a bowl and top with your fried egg.
There you have it, so so simple and perfect for a lazy weekend morning.