Finally, we have a holiday booked! We’re off to Tunisia at the beginning of May, meaning that I have approximately 21 days in which to get bikini ready….time for a diet! Rather than doing one of those fad diets, I’ve decided that clean eating and regular HIIT sessions is the way to go. I usually eat ‘clean’, so this isn’t too much of a change for me, it’s more the regular exercise that I have to force myself to do. I’m also cutting down massively on wine. I’m fully aware that those cheeky glasses of wine after work do nothing to help get that flat stomach.
So, as part of this new routine, I’m getting back into having a good breakfast after my morning fasted HIIT session. I made these Proats (protein oats) on Monday night, ready for breakfast tomorrow morning. They were so good and pretty filling too. And, as you’ll see below, so easy to make…
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1 x scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 x teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Half cup of almond milk
- Half cup of natural fat-free yoghurt
- Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
- Desiccated coconut
- Pour the oats, protein powder, cocoa powder, almond milk and yoghurt into a sealable container.
- Mix it all up, or shake it up, whatever is easier.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add the chocolate syrup, berries and coconut.
- Enjoy, and have a good day!
As you can see, super easy to make and perfect for those in a rush. As you keep them in a sealable container, it also means that they’re perfect to take on the go, if you don’t have time to eat at home. Some people like to heat theirs in the microwave, so that they’re not so cold. I tend to just take mine out of the fridge about 10 minutes before I want to eat them, just to take the chill off.