With the boy not being able to eat prawns, I basically take any opportunity where he’s not around to have them. So when he went out a couple of weeks ago, I whipped up this dish for dinner. It’s got a lot of flavour, is easy and quick to make, and healthy – all at the same time! Perfect for a weekday dinner.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 x pack of peeled king prawns
- 1 x broccoli
- 1 x green pepper
- 1 x handful of black olives, sliced in half
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tsp harissa paste
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Olive oil for cooking
- Garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the florets off of the broccoli and put them in a blender. Blitz until it’s in small pieces and has the resemblance of rice. Place in a microwaveable bowl and mix through a small amount of garlic salt (to taste). Cover with some cling film and pierce some holes in the top. Leave to one side.
- Finely chop the garlic and slice the green pepper into small pieces.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add in the garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the green pepper into the pan and stir well so that it mixes in with the oil and garlic. Let this cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly so that nothing sticks.
- Add in the king prawns and black olives and stir together.
- After another couple of minutes, add in the harissa paste. Stir thoroughly so that all of the ingredients are covered in the paste.
- Once this has fried for another couple of minutes, add in the tomato puree, salt and pepper (to taste) and a splash of water.
- Stir all together so that a sauce forms between the tomato puree and harissa paste. Add in the spinach leaves and stir well. Leave to simmer on a low heat.
- In the meantime, pop your broccoli rice in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Once this is done, give it a good stir.
- By now, the sauce with your prawns should be cooked (check that the green pepper is soft), and then you’re ready to plate up and enjoy!