Soooo, I’m going to begin this post with a couple of confessions. A) I literally finished this dinner about 10 mins ago and whipped out my laptop so that I could write the recipe straight away. Yes, it’s that good. But also, I really wanted to upload it to my Insta and have a link to share….B) I’m sorry to anyone that I’ve offended by calling this a ‘ratatouille’. Vegetables in a tomato sauce with chorizo isn’t as catchy, and a quick Google told me that Ratatouille is kind of similar. Soz.
This dinner is so quick and simple, it literally took 30 mins to make and has a lot of flavour. It’s also very low carb, something which I’m trying to make most of my dinners. So, if you fancy it, here’s the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 1 x small yellow pepper
- 1 x small red pepper
- 1 x courgette
- Diced chorizo
- 1 x whole broccoli
- Tomato Purée
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat your oven to 160 degrees. Make a little foil parcel for your salmon – drizzle some olive oil on to a piece of foil and place in your salmon fillets. Season with some salt and pepper and wrap the parcel. Place this into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop your courgette and peppers into small cubes and heat some olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add your courgette, peppers and chorizo and stir to coat with oil and to stop them from sticking. Allow them to cook and become soft – just stir regularly and keep an eye on them.
- While the vegetables and salmon are cooking, prepare your broccoli rice. Chop the heads off of the broccoli and place into a blender. Blend for short intervals until the broccoli is in small pieces – oddly enough, kind of like rice. Once this is done, put it in a microwaveable bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place some clingfilm on top of the bowl and pierce it with a few holes. Set aside.
- When the salmon has about 10 minutes left, add about 3 tablespoons of tomato purée into the pepper, courgette and chorizo mixture. Season with some salt and pepper and mix through. Add a splash of water and stir to create a light tomato sauce. Lower the temperature and stir regularly.
- When the salmon has 4 minutes left, cook the broccoli rice. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stir, and then cook for another minute and a half.
- Once the broccoli rice is cooked, put this in a circle on the middle of your plate, with a well in the middle. Put the vegetable and chorizo mixture in the middle and then top with the salmon.
As you can see, this is super quick, easy and healthy, so it’s the perfect post-work dinner. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!