The title of this dish is much wordier than I had imagined….not sure how I can make it more succinct though TBH. But, when you look at the pic, you’ll see that it’s actually way simpler than it sounds! This dinner is super quick and easy, perfect for after work. I think this was the dish which the boy described as the best cod dish I’d made to date, so that’s a plus. I’ll admit now, I bought the pesto. I had planned to make it from scratch but that went horribly wrong, so shop bought it is. But if anything, that means that this dish is even quicker!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x cod fillets (skinned and boned)
- 1 x broccoli
- 1 x slice of gluten-free (or normal) bread
- 3 x teaspoons of red pesto
- A small amount of grated Parmesan
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees (for fan ovens)
- Whilst the oven is heating, it’s time to sort the cod. Get a blender and blitz the slice of bread until it forms breadcrumbs.
- Place a sheet of tin foil in a baking tray and place your cod down. Salt and pepper the cod lightly. Spread the pesto on the top of each of your cod fillets evenly and then put a layer of the breadcrumbs on top of each fillet. Finally, sprinkle a little Parmesan on top of each fillet.
- Wrap the foil to make a parcel and once the oven has heated, pop it in the oven for about 17 mins.
- Next cut the broccoli into small florets and whizz it up in your blender until you have rice size chunks.
- Pour it into a microwave friendly dish and add in some garlic salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Put some clingfilm over the top of the broccoli rice and pierce a few holes in it.
- When your fish only has about 5 mins left, it’s time to cook the rice. Pop it in the microwave for 4 mins, stirring halfway through.
- Then, once the fish is cooked, it’s time to plate it. It’s really that simple!
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for reading!