So, this totally isn’t the blog post that I had planned to start today with. My to-do list is so intimidatingly long, but this brunch bagel that I just devoured was beaut, and so to not post about it would have been criminal.
It’s the perfect brunch dish, and is a bit like a pimped up BLT. It’s super quick and easy to pull together and is just what you want when it’s raining outside like it is today.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 x bagel, cut in half (I used a white Genius gluten-free one)
- 2 x rashers of bacon (I used the bacon without all of the fat)
- 3 x cherry tomatoes
- 4 x tablespoons of green pesto
- 1/4 of a ball of mozzarella
- Black pepper for seasoning
- Small amount of oil for cooking
- Heat up the grill to the lowest setting.
- While that’s heating up, it’s time to prep everything else. Pop your bagel in the toaster for about a minute until it’s light brown..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Once hot, put your bacon rashers in the pan and cook until completely cooked, but not browned.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes into thin slices (you don’t want them in halves as they will be too thick).
- Cut your mozzarella into thin slices.
- Once the bagel is toasted it’s time to build up the bagels. Put them on a baking tray and spread a layer of pesto onto each one. Next, cut your bacon into small pieces and lay on top of the pesto. Put the cherry tomatoes on top and finally add your mozzarella on top. Grind a bit of black pepper over each one and put under the grill.
- Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. You want the cheese to be bubbling and slightly browning, but keep an eye on the bagel to make sure that the edges don’t get too blackened. Then, it’s time to enjoy!
Such a simple brunch recipe but bound to be tasty!